The Perfect Labor Day Side Dish
We love just showing up to the party. No planning stress or decorating frenzies. Just us and definitely a good side dish.
This chili lime corn recipe is all we could ever ask for in a side. It's light, tasty and takes maybe 10 minutes to make. Don't head to the party empty handed, oh, and don't forget chips for dipping!
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup 2 percent Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt
- 1 can of corn (15 oz)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- *Optional: tortillia chips
Whisk chopped cilantro, Greek yogurt, lime zest and juice, 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt, then put aside for later.
Drain corn from can. Toss corn with chili powder and grated garlic in a bowl.
*Optional: Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add corn. Let cook for about 2 minutes, until corn shows some brown. Stir while cooking for about 3 more minutes. Take skillet off of heat.
Mix in lime-yogurt mixture, 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Put in serving dish, top with cilantro, remaining tablespoon of Parmesan and as much chili powder as you like!
(Credit to Food Network for this delicious recipe!)
Have your own tasty side for this Labor Day? Let us know in the comments below or on social media at @AuburnCampusRec.
Be well, Auburn.
Photography: Kyleigh M.