Spring has sprung, and you know what that means? Adorable arts and crafts. Oh, and an exclusive Be Well how-to video!
In this video, we'll show you how to make your very own springtime friends. You'll just need:
- Mason jar (You can use multiple jars to represent different animals)
- A Sharpie (or black paint)
- White, yellow, orange, red, and pink paint
- Depending on which animal you decide to do, you won't need all of these. You can also mix colors (such as red and white to make pink), so you don't have to buy additional paint.
- Optional: flowers for decoration
- Remove lid to mason jar.
- Paint the jar using one of your primary colors (either yellow or white), and let the paint dry.
- Paint a second coat, and then let that coat dry.
- Using a secondary color such as orange or pink, paint a nose roughly halfway up the jar.
- Add eyes (and optional whiskers) using your Sharpie.
- Decorate with a ribbon and/or flowers!
Interested in more arts and crafts? Cooking? Workouts? Let us know in the comments section below or on social media @AuburnCampusRec. We love hearing from you.
Be well, Auburn.
Videography: Jack P.
Michelle is a Disney and Pixar enthusiast majoring in graphic design and minoring in women’s studies and creative writing. She loves music, literature, visual art, and pretty much any other type of art you can think of. You’ll most likely find her drawing, singing, baking, painting, watching a Disney movie or drawing some more.
Originally entering Auburn as a nutrition major, Michelle still is passionate about health and wellness. She enjoys writing articles for Be Well about healthy recipes, crafts, Disney, some maybe not-so-healthy recipes, and more.
If you couldn’t tell, she also just really, really loves Disney.