Picnic on Samford Lawn? Here's What to Bring
One of the best parts about summer is always having a reason to be outdoors!
Once you make sure you have nice weather, a good location, and great company, all that stands in the way of you and the perfect picnic is a well-packed basket. Follow this checklist to make sure you’ve got all the essentials and more!
1. A blanket. Grab one that’s big enough for everyone, or bring a few.
2. Disposable cutlery and plates: Makes for easy cleanup!
3. Trash bags: Pack it in, pack it out — use trash bags to take all leftover food and other trash with you.
4. Frozen water bottles: A great way to keep your cold foods cold, and once they’ve served their purpose, you have cold waters to drink!
5. Lemonade: Easily the most refreshing beverage on a sunny day.
6. Sandwiches: PB&J, turkey and cheese, or BLTs? Make whatever you like best!
7. Hand sanitizer: To clean up sticky hands after lunch and get ready to for game time.
8. Frisbee or football: Was it really a picnic if you didn’t toss the football or play some Frisbee for a little while?
9. Portable speaker: Sports not your thing? Maybe karaoke is more your speed.
10. Disposable camera: The best part? You won’t remember exactly what pictures you took until you get them developed!
What are some of your picnic basket essentials? Let us know in the comments below or share with us on social media @AuburnCampusRec!
Be well, Auburn.